Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

TRADITIONS

Hi Everyone!

Thanksgiving was so late this year it practically ran right into December before we had time to clear the table! Hubby and I have a tradition of picking out a live Christmas tree just after Thanksgiving and this year was no exception.  The Christmas tree is up and has lights on it. That's all I'm sayin' right now because I'm still putting away the Fall decorations.  But before they are tucked away for another season,  I thought I'd share a little sketch with you.  The baker's rack in the kitchen is the spot that holds each seasons favorite treasures.

On the top shelf a large plank autumn painting by my Dad, several old glass bottles, my grandmother's butter mold, a ceramic pumpkin and owl (it's about 43 yrs old.) The middle shelf holds decorative fruit plates, a fave blue tea pot and creamer and a wooden dish of assorted gourds (plastic) and a recent add is a large sunflower bud.  Bottom shelf holds my painting of a cantaloupe and a collection of Boston bean pots.

Each season the decorations change, but mostly the same ones are used year after year.  It's become a tradition in our home, just like getting the Christmas Tree right after Thanksgiving.  Perhaps you have some traditions in your own family. Wouldn't it be fun to sketch your favorite things for each season?   I'll be sharing a few sketches and some of our traditions with you over the next few weeks.  I hope you will leave a comment and let me know some of yours!

Happy Sketching!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're really happy you came by for a visit, please consider leaving us a comment. Thank you!